Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dirty Cash I Want You; Dirty Cash I Need You...

Ok...I say this all the time when co-workers at the Retail Hell ask me if I'm working the following night: "Not if I win the lottery." Welp, you can't win if you don't play, and I rarely play. I might buy a $1 or $2 scratcher a couple of times a year and I "break even" occasionally.  My largest winnings to date? Fifty dollars, which I split with Mommy. At this point though, some lottery winnings are a nice little fantasy for someone with over a decade of retail (and COUNTING) under their belt. I am burned out, disconnected, totally jaded, and ready to get the hell OUT. Guess what kiddies? At the time I am writing this, the Powerball jackpot is up to $400 MILLION. A Shellybird is ALL IN...I don't need $400 million dollars, which after taxes is $3.75, I think? All I want is enough seed money to get me settled in here:


For any amoebas who may have stumbled upon this and don't know what city Lady Liberty represents, here ya go:


The way I see it, if I WIN some money, I won't have to cash in my inferior 401K to move there, and subsequently wind up eating cat food when I get old. *shrug* I know it's a long shot,  but a bird can dream. So, wish me luck, as I wish for you if you're playing. Although I am not going to wish you so much luck that you win my money.

I always said that when my ship came in enabling me to go over the Retail Hell wall, I wasn't going to give a notice and didn't want a going away party. (They love to fĂȘte people on my job. Potluck style.) Nice gesture, but I got food at the house. I am just ready to go. However, I changed my mind about the notice:


That's the equivalent of a 1 day notice, amoebas, and I'll sashay out of there chuckin' deuces like a boss.


No comments:

Post a Comment